Axis & Allies Global 1940
Axis & Allies Global 1940 is created by combining the boards and pieces of Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 and Axis & Allies Europe 1940. It is not a separate game to purchase on its own. You simply buy the separate Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940 versions and combine them. The boards sync up perfectly to allow for a full global game.
Compared to other global versions of Axis & Allies this one is set in 1940 (World War II), with a political situation affecting all 9 nations at war — one where rules apply but are egged on to break treaties.
The 1940 games (Europe + Pacific, making up Global) does not come with the usual helpful supplies such as Task Force Cards, Air Tokens, IPC paper money and city roundels. Many Axis & Allies players will borrow these from other versions of the game that they have.
One thing that becomes obvious is that the brown Italian and maroon Soviet Union units are fairly similar in colour. The newly added Cruiser Warship can also be difficult to tell apart from other ships as not all destroyers have the flat stern to help identify it. Some players will paint a dot or similar to such units to help distinguish them from others.
The rules give you options to allow you to choose how many cities are required to declare victory.
More details on Axis & Allies Global can be found below, including rule books, links to forum discussions, images and more. All links open in a new window.
The rules are a combination of the Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 rules. Of note, see page 31 of the Europe 1940 rule book to read Global-specific rules and setup.
- Europe 1940 Rule Book [PDF]
- Europe 1940 Rule Book FAQs and Corrections [PDF]
- Europe 1940 (2nd Edition) Rule Book [PDF]
- Pacific 1940 Rule Book [PDF]
- Pacific 1940 FAQs
- Pacific 1940 (2nd Edition) Rule Book [PDF]
- Global 1940 (Second Edition) Rules (most rules listed; mobile friendly)
- Players: 2-6
- Board dimensions: 70 x 32 inches or 178 x 81 cm
- Boards of Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 are combined to form the Global board
- Suggested nation/player breakdown for a 6 player game:
- Player 1: Germany
- Player 2: Italy
- Player 3: Japan
- Player 4: United Kingdom and ANZAC
- Player 5: Soviet Union and France
- Player 6: United States and China
Game Primer Video:
A Closer Look:
Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940 games required to form Global 1940.
Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940 rule books both required.
Global-specific rules and setup information found in the Europe 1940 rule book.
Soviet Union and Japan.
ANZAC, France, Italy.
Search now for pricing →
Be sure to also read our individual summaries of Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 and Axis & Allies Europe 1940. Enjoy the game!